"Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth."

George Washington

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

End of Day 2

The lunch was good and it was on to Mt. Airy, home of Andy Griffith. We were really getting into the Blue Ridge Mountains and the scenery was really amazing. It was starting to get later in the afternoon and I began to be concerned about the time that we would be heading into Mt. Airy. Sure enough, after looking in the guide that I had, most of the things that I wanted to see in the town closed at 5:00 and we would be getting there around 5:30. We ended up getting to see some of the things, but not much. It was very frustrating to me. But I kept telling myself this was not the ultimate purpose of our trip, so I felt better. We stopped at a McDonald's because the girls had been very good during the day and I wanted to stop somewhere they liked. We went ahead and got our dinner to go and was heading out to the camper when I noticed that one of the camper tires seemed a little low. I checked the pressure and it had none. I ended up having to change the tire and put on the spare. I'm really glad we had one. I now have to have the tire repaired before we go too much further.

We then got on the Blue Ridge Parkway for our first time this trip and it was worth it! The landscape was beautiful and so much to see.  We were headed to Roanoke for the night and it was getting late. The good part about being a little behind schedule was that we got to see a lot of wildlife on the parkway including a good sized black bear and lots of deer. We arrived at a Walmart in Roanoke about 10:30 eastern time and stayed there for the night.

1 comment:

  1. You saw a bear! WOW! So fun. How does eastern scenery compare to the western scenery? Sounds like you guys are having such a great time! YAY!

    ReplyDelete